- Elected President of the national Foundation of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers in November 2017. The Foundation protects children and families by providing financial grants to eligible organization throughout the United States that help families. The Foundation has awarded grants in virtually every state, including in Pennsylvania: the Clearfield County League on Social Services, the Parental Stress Center in Pittsburgh, Kids Voice in Pittsburgh, the Support Center for Child Advocates in Philadelphia, Philadelphia VIP, and the Women’s Center of Montgomery County.
- Member of a panel discussing "hot tips" in technology for family law practitioners before the Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association in May 2016.
- Moderator of a panel addressing the practical aspects of a custody evaluation from the different perspectives of a judge, evaluator and lawyer for the Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association in April 2016.
- Participated in a panel speaking on the ethics of family law for Philadelphia VIP volunteers in April 2016.
- Featured speaker at the April 2015 Annual Family Law Seminar in Louisville, Kentucky sponsored by the Kentucky Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the Louisville Bar Association's Family Law Section. Mr. Hofstein's presentation focused on the equitable division of large marital estates.
- Course planner and moderator of the October 2014 PBI Program "The Intersection of Legal and Mental Health Issues in Custody Cases" in Mechanicsburg and Philadelphia.
- Moderated the program “Custody at the Extremes – From Unweened Infants to Unruly Teens” sponsored by the Family Law Section at the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Bench Bar & Annual Conference at the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City in October 2014.
- Honored as the 2013 Fellow of the Year by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Mr. Hofstein was recognized for his service as national continuing legal education chair, Treasurer of its national Foundation, and President of the Pennsylvania Chapter.